CPHR Manitoba members use promo code CPHRMB at checkout.
Workplace rules and practices evolve continuously. As an employer you need to be aware of new developments in labour and employment law, regardless of how many employees you have.
We’re going virtual for this year’s employment law update, with a half-day webinar. Led by some of Manitoba’s leading labour and employment lawyers, this webinar will help you learn how to navigate recent developments in the law and successfully deal with the issues they raise. We’ll get you up-to-date on changes to the rules and help you develop proactive human resources policies. The MLT Aikins Labour Update is designed for both unionized and non-unionized employers.
COVID-19 and Family Status Accommodation
- An overview of the current landscape of Family Status accommodation in the workplace
- Family Status accommodation as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Best practices for managing accommodation requests from employees
- Overview of issuing discipline in a unionized and non-unionized environment
- Summary and examples of what is disciplinary conduct in the workplace
- Best practices for investigating discipline, issuing discipline and selecting the most appropriate discipline
Constructive Dismissal: COVID-19 and Beyond
- Summary of what employment changes can constitute constructive dismissal
- COVID-19 and its impact on layoffs and constructive dismissal claims
- Panel discussion on labour and employment questions submitted by the attendees
- Questions can be submitted prior to or during the conference
Speakers and Moderators:
- Date and Time: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 | 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Materials: You will receive electronic copies of all materials prior to the webinar.
- Cost: $150 per person | $100 per CPHR Manitoba member. CPHR Manitoba members use promo code CPHRMB at checkout.
- Registration closes: Thursday, November 26, 2020.
- Cancellations: Cancel by November 26 for a full refund. Contact Brittany Kehler at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire. Registrations submitted after November 26 will not qualify for a refund.
- Program and speakers are subject to change.
- Space is limited.
This seminar has been pre-approved by CPHR Manitoba for 3 CPD hours.