MLT Aikins is pleased to launch the city’s premier technology and cybersecurity expo, offering attendees access to some of the top Innovation, Data & Technology lawyers in Western Canada.
This in-person event will offer practical tips on how to proactively manage the ID&T risks every organization faces and give you the chance to meet with industry peers. We’ll cover everything you need to know about identifying and protecting the IP in your organization, navigating a “digital transformation” and replacing technology infrastructure and software solutions on a large-scale, and navigating your cybersecurity and privacy risks, including providing valuable insight into what a cyberattack looks like so you can position yourself to mitigate the risks associated with ransomware attacks.
The topics are tailored for risk managers, C-suite executives, technology and privacy officers, in-house counsel, and business owners. Sessions are open for all to attend.
IP Strategy & Policy in Your Organization
- In this session, you will learn about the different kinds of IP that organizations commonly create or otherwise encounter. We will discuss the different organizational contexts in which IP issues frequently arise, and explain how policy choices your organization makes today can help you mitigate IP-related risks, and capture IP-based value in the future.
Digital Transformation Project Considerations
- A “digital transformation” takes place when an organization replaces its technology infrastructure and software solutions on a large-scale. How can organizations contract to benefit from the enormous upside of digital transformation projects, while side-stepping the pitfalls that can derail them? We’ll cover this and also discuss negotiation techniques you can use.
Cybersecurity & Privacy for Boards & Senior Management
- A cyberattack can have a devastating impact on your organization, ranging from loss of data assets to reputational damage. We’ll help your organization take a proactive approach to navigating regulatory requirements and managing cybersecurity and privacy risks.
- Cybersecurity is a complicated subject. The consequences of cyberattacks can often be hard to pin down and it can be difficult to connect the dots between a term like “ransomware attack” and the practical impact it can have on our own organizations. In this workshop, we’ll run through what a cyberattack looks like, so you can position yourself to mitigate risks associated with increasingly common cyberattacks.
- You’ll get the opportunity to hear from our ID&T lawyers and ask them your pressing legal questions related to ID&T
- Dates & Times: Thursday, March 2, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. CST | Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. | Reception at 4 p.m.
- Cost: $275
- Group of four discount (25% off): $206.25 per person
- Registration Closes: Tuesday, February 28 at 5 p.m. CST
- Cancellation: Cancel by Thursday, February 23 for a full refund. Any registrations submitted after February 23 will not qualify for a refund. Contact Rachelle Klassen at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- Program and speakers are subject to change.
- This event has been pre-approved for 6.0 CPD hours by the Law Society of Saskatchewan.
1500 Hill Centre I
1874 Scarth Street
Regina, SK S4P 4E9