Alberta’s Employment Standards Code has undergone dramatic changes. This half-day seminar surveys the foundational principles of Alberta’s employment standards legislation and then dives in-depth into the recent amendments to the Code.
ON THE AGENDA
Changes to Protected Leaves of Absence
- New eligibility requirements
- Changes to existing protected leaves
- Introduction of several new protected leaves
Changes to Overtime, Compressed Work Weeks and Paid Holidays
- Changes to banked overtime agreements
- Elimination of the Compressed Work Week
- Introduction of averaging agreements
- Changes to holiday pay requirements
Changes to Termination Requirements
- Options for dealing with employee resignation
- Introduction of new group notice requirements
- Changes to the temporary layoff rules
New Enforcement and Administrative Powers
- Clarification on Employment Standards’ auditing powers
- Introduction of new administrative penalty provisions
- Adam Kaukas
- Megan Kheong
- Registration: 12:45 p.m. | Seminar: 1 to 4 p.m. | Networking Reception: 4 to 5 p.m.
- Registration closes: March 9, 2018
- Regular Fee: $225 + GST ($11.25) = $236.25 per person
- CPHR Member: $200 + GST ($10) = $210 per person
- Cancel before March 14 for a full refund. Contact Amy Foley at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Pre-approved for 4 CPD hours with CPHR Alberta
Amy Foley, MLT Aikins LLP
Suite 2200, 10235 – 101st Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3G1
P: (780) 969-5092
F: (780) 969-3549