The focus of this half-day seminar is to provide a detailed workshop on the best practices for managing accommodation requests in the workplace. Given the recent developments in the law regarding addictions and cannabis, strong emphasis will be placed on the duty to accommodate mental and physical disabilities. A refresher on other protected grounds, such as gender, gender identity, gender expression and family status, will also be provided.
Overview of the Duty to Accommodate
Mental and Physical Disabilities
- Unique issues regarding addictions (e.g., dealing with relapses)
- Innocent vs. culpable absenteeism
- Requesting medical documentation for cannabis and other prescriptions
- Case law update
- Policy development
Refresher on other areas of accommodation, including:
- Gender, gender identity and gender expression
- Family status
- Registration: 12:45 p.m. | Seminar: 1 to 4 p.m.
- Registration closes: May 6, 2019
- Regular Fee: $225 + GST ($11.25) = $236.25 per person
- CPHR Member: $200 + GST ($10) = $210 per person
- Cancel before May 8 for a full refund. Contact Amy Foley at email@example.com to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- This session is being held in Calgary on Wednesday, May 15.
- Download brochure.
This seminar qualifies for 3 CPD hours through CPHR Alberta.
Subscribe today and receive seminar updates, Western Employers’ Counsel insights and news delivered to your inbox.
Amy Foley, MLT Aikins LLP
Suite 2200, 10235 – 101st Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3G1
P: (780) 969-5092
F: (780) 969-3549