The legal landscape relating to workplace safety law is constantly evolving and changing. Inspection and enforcement activities are increasing – and are serious matters for your organization. Do you know your rights if an incident occurs and the regulators are asking to interview your employees? Does your organization know how to properly navigate prime contractor responsibilities? Is your drug and alcohol policy ready for pending changes to Canada’s marijuana laws? Join us and we will help you get prepared.
ON THE AGENDA:
- Examine Bill 30 changes to Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workers’ Compensation Act
- Learn about Pending Changes to Liability of Supervisors, Owners, Service Providers, Self-Employed Persons and Temporary Staffing Agencies
- Update on Prime Contractor Law and Best Practices
- Survey Recent Key OHS Legal Decisions
- Discuss Statutory Investigations, Privileged Investigations and Interviews
- Get the latest on Drug and Alcohol Testing and Medical Marijuana Policies
Not all speakers will present in both locations.
- Registration: 12:45 p.m. | Seminar: 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Networking reception: 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Registration closes: February 23, 2018
- Regular Fee: $250 + GST ($12.50) = $262.50 per person
- CPHR Member: $225 + GST ($11.25) = $236.25 per person
- Cancel before February 28 for a full refund. Contact Amy Foley at email@example.com to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Pre-approved for 4.5 CPD hours with CPHR Alberta
Amy Foley, MLT Aikins LLP
Suite 2200, 10235 – 101st Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3G1
P: (780) 969-5092
F: (780) 969-3549