On August 29, 2022, a significant overhaul to Alberta’s builders’ lien regime will come into force. The new Prompt Payment and Construction Lien Act contains a number of key changes aimed at ensuring the timely payment of contractors and subcontractors on construction projects.
Join us for an informative seminar led by our experienced construction lawyers. This half-day seminar will provide you with key information you need to know prior to these changes coming into effect. Gain the strategic and practical insights you’ll need to keep your projects running smoothly.
Who should attend? Project owners and developers and their senior management, project managers, in-house lawyers, contract managers as well as consulting architects and engineers.
- How prompt payment changes to lien legislation will affect your business
- What you need to know to get ready for fast-paced adjudication
- How to get your contracts and processes ready for prompt payment, and lessons learned from the rollout of prompt payment legislation in Saskatchewan
- Seminar: 1 p.m.-4 p.m.| Networking Reception: 4 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Cost: $225 + GST per person
- Registration closes: September 14, 2022
- Cancel before September 13 for a full refund. Contact Dabota Fashola at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a refund.
- We reserve the right to decline registrants.