This half-day workshop will offer tips and tools for dealing with DEI-related complaints, including how to reduce legal liability arising from workplace harassment and faulty investigations.
We’ll review the latest case law and discuss best practices on DEI terminology, unconscious bias and systemic discrimination, choosing the right investigator, DEI investigation techniques and options for addressing DEI policy breaches.
- The evolving legal definition of harassment
- Microaggressions, unconscious bias and stereotyping
- Gender identity and misgendering
DEI Investigation Techniques
- Selecting the right investigator
- DEI informed interview techniques
- Managing “whistleblowers” – lessons from Hootsuite
Options to address breach of DEI policies
- Managing complainant’s demands
- Are traditional penalties appropriate?
- Thoughtful and impactful responses
- Date: May 26, 2021 | 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. MT
- Regular fee $225 + GST ($11.25) = $236.25 per person
- CPHR members: $180 + GST ($9) = $189 per person
- Group of four discount: $168 + GST ($8.44) = $177.19) per person
- Cancellation: Cancel by Thursday, May 19 for a full refund. Contact Dabota Fashola at email@example.com to inquire.
- Registrations submitted after May 19 will not qualify for a refund.
- Program and speakers are subject to change.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
This webinar has been pre-approved for 3.5 CPD by CPHR Alberta, CPHR British Columbia & Yukon, CPHR Saskatchewan, and CPHR Manitoba.
2100 – 222 3rd Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0B4
P: (403) 693-2649
F: (403) 508-4349
Subscribe today and receive seminar updates, Western Employers’ Counsel insights and news delivered to your inbox.