Stay ahead of legislative changes – join the MLT Aikins labour and employment team in Winnipeg to consider and discuss what these changes will mean for federally regulated employers.
On the Agenda:
Significant, recent and upcoming changes to the Canada Labour Code and related federal legislation, including the following changes:
These changes include:
- Hours of work in the banking, telecommunications, broadcasting and air and rail transportation sectors;
- Expanded leaves of absences and reporting obligations for such leaves;
- Additional notice of termination obligations;
- New obligations to reimburse work-related expenses;
- During hiring, a requirement to provide a written statement outlining entitlements and working conditions; and
- An obligation to provide menstrual products to employees.
These changes will require employers to amend existing policies and procedures and hiring and termination documentation. We will discuss best practices to address emerging and potential issues arising out of these changes.
Join us for timely advice about recent and upcoming changes within federally regulated companies.
- Seminar: Tuesday December 5 | 7:30-9 a.m. CDT
- Cost: $25+GST
- We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Registration closes November 28