As an HR professional, it can be challenging to navigate employment claims. Employers must take action immediately and follow organizational and legal procedures in order to safeguard their organization and minimize potential liability. As the complaint process under employment legislation and the rules of court continually evolve, it is important to be aware of the latest developments.
This workshop will assist employers in navigating and defending various types of employment complaints and claims, including:
- Wrongful dismissal litigation
- Alberta Employment Standards Complaints
- Canada Labour Code Complaints
- Human Rights Complaints
- OH&S Workplace Harassment Complaints
This half-day workshop will provide attendees with:
- an overview of the process, time limits and best practices involved in defending each type of complaint
- whether, when and how to engage legal counsel to assist in defending the employer
- the potential damages associated with each type of complaint
- practical tips to avoid complaints and litigation
- how to manage litigation if it occurs
- Registration: 12:45 p.m. | Seminar: 1 to 4 p.m.
- Registration closes: February 27, 2020
- Regular Fee: $225 + GST ($11.25) = $236.25 per person
- CPHR Member: $200 + GST ($10) = $210 per person
- Cancel before March 1 for a full refund. Contact Dabota Fashola at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants
- Pre-approved for 3 CPD hours with CPHR Alberta
Download Brochure | This session is also being held in Edmonton on Wednesday, March 11.
MLT Aikins LLP
2100 – 222 3rd Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0B4
P: +1 (403) 693-2649
F: +1 (403) 508-4349