The rules for recruiting and using foreign workers in Alberta have changed dramatically. This half-day workshop for employers and HR professionals explores a range of corporate immigration issues – from business visitors to the International Mobility Program, to Labour Market Impact Assessments and employer compliance.
ON THE AGENDA
Strategies for Getting People into Canada
Identify quick and cost-effective immigration solutions for your organization.
- Commonly used business visitor categories
- Key questions to ask when determining the best way to bring employees into Canada
- The Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and work permit processes
- How to secure a work permit without going through an LMIA
Temporary Foreign Workers and Employer Compliance
Ensure your business is compliant with federal and provincial immigration rules.
- Federal compliance rules for employers of foreign workers
- Provincial compliance rules as they pertain to employers of foreign workers in Alberta
- Tips for proactively meeting compliance rules
Interactive Scenario Workshop
Review and address scenarios that commonly arise for employers in relation to foreign worker use.
- Common immigration scenarios employers and human resources professionals may face
- Practical tools for approaching immigration issues
- Interactive questions and answers
- Registration and Breakfast: 7:45 a.m. | Seminar: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Registration closes: February 19, 2019
- Cancel before February 19 for a full refund. Contact email@example.com to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- This workshop is also being held in Calgary on Wednesday, February 27.
- Download brochure.
This seminar qualifies for 3.5 CPD hours through CPHR Alberta
Get immigration insights and news delivered right to your inbox – subscribe today.
Amy Foley, MLT Aikins LLP
Suite 2200, 10235 – 101st Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3G1
P: (780) 969-5092
F: (780) 969-3549