Employers today are faced with a confusing array of immigration processes and legal obligations when hiring temporary foreign workers and bringing intra-company transfers, contractors and suppliers into Canada. Since 2011, major changes to immigration law pertaining to employers have been introduced on nearly a monthly basis.
In addition, immigration compliance regimes – some of which contain conflicting provisions – create additional complications for businesses to deal with.
ON THE AGENDA
- Labour, employment and human rights laws and how they may be applied differently in relation to temporary foreign workers
- Immigration compliance and how employers can protect themselves and their companies from liability when hiring temporary foreign workers
- What to do if faced with a federal immigration audit
- Canada’s different immigration programs and how HR professionals can choose the most cost- and time-efficient options for their company
$195 + GST ($9.75) = $204.75 per person
- Registration and Lunch: 12:45 p.m. | Seminar: 1 to 4 p.m.
- Registration closes: February 25, 2019
- Cancel before February 26 for a full refund. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
This seminar qualifies for 3 CPD hours through CPHR BC.
Subscribe today and receive seminar updates, insights and news delivered to your inbox.
Amy Foley, MLT Aikins LLP
Suite 2200, 10235 – 101st Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3G1
P: (780) 969-5092
F: (780) 969-3549