As a human resource professional, it is important to be aware of legal rights and risks related to unionization, drug and alcohol testing and dismissal.
Join us for this intermediate level seminar that contains labour and employment topics tailored for HR professionals with less than 10 years of experience. However, we invite HR professionals of all experience levels to attend.
This seminar is brought to you, in partnership, by MLT Aikins and CPHR Saskatchewan.
ON THE AGENDA:
An Overview of Union Organizing
- Learn the process of unionization
- Review tactics unions may use
- Understand employer rights
Drug and Alcohol Testing in the Workplace
- Who can be subject to drug and alcohol testing?
- When can an employer drug test?
- Why can an employer drug test?
Wrongful Dismissal Case Studies
- Review recent court and arbitration decisions
- Learn from the case law
- Improve discipline practices
- Registration: 12:30 p.m. | Seminar: 1 to 4 p.m. | Complimentary Reception: 4 to 5 p.m.
- Refreshments will be provided.
Regular Fee: $250 + GST ($12.50) = $262.50
CPHR Saskatchewan Member: $225 + GST ($11.25) = $236.25 per person
- Registration closes: August 31
- Cancel before September 4 for a full refund. Contact Sandra Janzen at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Pre-approved for 3 CPD hours with CPHR Saskatchewan.
Sandra Janzen, MLT Aikins LLP
1500 Saskatoon Square
410 – 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7K 5T6
P: (306) 956-6957
F: (306) 975-7145