Celebrating 25 years of keeping employers up-to-date with the latest developments in labour and employment law!
Workplace rules and practices evolve continuously. As an employer you need to be aware of new developments in labour and employment law, regardless of how many employees you have. Effective human resource strategies depend on it.
This full-day seminar will inform you of recent developments in the law and help you learn how to deal successfully with the issues they raise. The MLT Aikins Labour Update is designed for both unionized and non-unionized employers. We’ll get you up-to-date on changes to the rules and help you develop proactive human resources policies.
On the Agenda:
- Review the latest cases on discipline and discharge
- Learn from current trends in arbitration cases – when is discipline appropriate?
- Examine other recent developments for Saskatchewan employers
Wrongful Dismissal Update
- Hear about the latest cases on wrongful and constructive dismissal
- Factors to consider in calculating reasonable notice
- Terminating for just cause – is it ever worth it?
- Review the latest developments on accommodating physical and mental disabilities
- Understand the legislative framework for Saskatchewan
- Accommodating family status, gender identity and other protected grounds
All About Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Hear about the latest cases on drug testing since the legalization of recreational cannabis
- Understand the types of employees who can be tested and when
- Learn the essentials for a drug and alcohol testing policy
Effective Employment Policies and Contracts
- What are the essentials for enforceable employment contracts?
- Addressing workplace issues through the effective use of employment policies
- Learn what pitfalls to avoid from cases where policies and contracts have failed
- Senior employment and labour lawyers answer your questions on any employment-related topic
- Riva Farrell Racette
- Robert Frost-Hinz
- Amy Gibson
- Matthew Klinger
- Eileen Libby, Q.C.
- Jana Linner
- Brent Matkowski
- Calen Nixon
- Leah Schatz, Q.C.
- Jean Torrens
- Shannon Whyley
- Kevin Wilson, Q.C.
- Registration: 8:30 a.m. | Seminar: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- Cost: $450 + GST ($22.50) = $472.50 per person
- Registration closes: May 17
- Cancel before May 23 for a full refund. Contact Sandra Janzen at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Pre-approved for 5 CPD hours with CPHR Saskatchewan and 5.0 CPD hours for members of the Law Society of Saskatchewan.
Sandra Janzen, MLT Aikins LLP
1500 Saskatoon Square
410 – 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7K 5T6
P: (306) 956-6957
F: (306) 975-7145