Workplace rules and practices continue to evolve at a rapid pace – and so do the legal risks and obligations facing employers. From dealing with harassment in the workplace to accommodation requests and hybrid work policies, you need to be aware of the latest developments in labour and employment law.
This seminar will inform you of the latest workplace laws and trends, and you’ll learn how to mitigate your legal risks while maintaining a productive workplace. The MLT Aikins Labour Update is designed for both unionized and non-unionized employers.
On the agenda:
The Changing Landscape of Harassment and Bad Behaviour in the Workplace
- Review increased OH&S obligations for Saskatchewan and federally regulated employers
- Changes to the upcoming violence policy requirements in Saskatchewan
- Recent human rights and common law decisions
Case Law and Legislation Update
- Latest cases impacting Saskatchewan employers
- Legislative updates for Saskatchewan and federally regulated employers
Human Rights Update: What’s New in Accommodating Mental Health?
- New updates on the DSM-5: what’s changed and what it means for employers
- The evolution of workplace mental health accommodation
- Important tips and tricks for reviewing and requesting medical notes in accommodating mental health
Privacy Considerations in a Hybrid Work World
- Using software to track employee productivity
- Employee surveillance during remote work
- Responding to requests for employee personal information
Top Tips on Hiring and Employing a Foreign National
- Required registrations and issues of pre-employment discrimination
- Important terms and conditions for employment agreements
- How to manage labour mobility and compliance obligations
- Senior labour and employment lawyers will answer your questions on any employment-related topic
- Seminar: Registration will start at 8:30 a.m. and the seminar will begin at 9 a.m. and run until 4 p.m. A continental breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided. In-person attendees will receive a swag bag and printed materials at the seminar. If you require electronic materials instead, please contact Dabota Fashola by May 5.
- Early bird rate (until February 28): $427.50 + $21.38 (GST) + $25.65 (PST) = $474.53 per person
- Registration fee: $475 + $23.75 GST + $28.50 (PST) = $527.25 per person
- Registration closes: May 5, 2023
- Cancel before May 5, 2023, for a full refund. Contact Dabota Fashola to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Late registrations will be accepted as space permits.
- Pre-approved for 6.0 CPD hours with CPHR Saskatchewan and the Law Society of Saskatchewan.
P: (306) 975-7100