As a human resources professional, it is important for you to be aware of legal rights and risks in the workplace.
Join us for this intermediate-level seminar featuring labour and employment topics tailored for HR professionals with less than 10 years of experience.
This seminar is brought to you by MLT Aikins in partnership with CPHR Saskatchewan.
The seminar will start at 1 p.m. and will run until 4:30 p.m., followed by a networking reception from 4:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. There will be time for a Q&A and break between each session.
On the Agenda:
Legal Issues in the Employee Recruiting Process
- Do’s and don’ts during interviews
- Performing and providing reference checks
- Avoiding legal mistakes
- Risks associated with allowing an employee to work remotely from another province or country
- Drafting and implementing a Remote Work Policy
- Addressing remote work in an employment agreement
Responding to a Duty to Accommodate Request
- First steps in responding to an accommodation request
- Requesting medical information
- Ending the employment relationship
- Seminar: 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Networking Reception: 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Cost: Registration Fee ($250) + GST ($12.50) = $262.50 per person
- Registration closes: September 9, 2022
- Cancel before September 13 for a full refund. Contact Sandra Janzen at email@example.com to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Late registrations will be accepted as space permits.
- Pre-approved for 3 CPD hours with CPHR Saskatchewan.