As a human resources professional, it is important for you to be aware of legal rights and risks in the workplace. Join us for this intermediate-level hybrid/in-person seminar featuring labour and employment topics tailored for HR professionals with less than 10 years of experience. This seminar is brought to you by MLT Aikins in partnership with CPHR Saskatchewan.
The seminar will begin at 1 p.m. and run until 4:30 p.m., followed by a networking reception from 4:30 until 5:30 p.m. You will have the opportunity to hear from our experienced team of labour and employment lawyers on various topics and to ask questions during engaging Q&A panel sessions.
On the agenda:
Litigation Primer – A Guide for HR Professionals
- Overview of different forums that employment-related claims can be brought (civil claim, human rights complaint, privacy complaint, OH&S complaint etc.)
- Initial next steps if a complaint/claim is received
- Understanding how to prepare and be a good witness
- Culpable vs. non-culpable absenteeism
- An employer’s right to seek medical information
- When is the employment relationship considered frustrated
- Considerations for attendance management programs
Alcohol and Drugs in the Workplace
- Impairment in the workplace
- Drug and alcohol testing – pre-employment, reasonable cause, post-incident, site-access and random testing
- Addictions, medical information, and the duty to accommodate
- Drug and alcohol policy development
- Seminar: October 26, 2023 | 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Networking Reception: 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. CDT
- Materials: You will receive an electronic or hard copy of the presentation prior to the seminar
- Cost: Registration Fee ($250) + GST & PST ($27.50) = $277.50 CAD per person
- Registration closes: October 10, 2023
- Cancel before October 10 for a full refund. Contact Dabota Fashola to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Late registrations will be accepted as space permits.
- Pre-approved for 3 CPD hours with CPHR Saskatchewan.
- This event is also being held in Regina.