Does your organization communicate with customers and clients? Do you have one or more employees in Manitoba? New laws are coming into effect on November 1 that will affect you.
These laws – The Accessibility for Manitobans Act Customer Service Standard – require your organization to revise current policies and practices around removing barriers that prevent people from accessing your goods and services. Applicable to all businesses and non-profit organizations (including contractors, unions and small municipalities) in Manitoba, these laws also mandate special training for any employees who deal with your customers.
In addition, regulations addressing employment, communications, transportation and the built environment are on the horizon, and the applicable principles will be the same. Understanding how those principles translate to required action will help you with compliance.
ON THE AGENDA:
- Review the key principles of The Accessibility for Manitobans Act and Regulations
- Examine accessibility issues affecting business under the Customer Service Standard and how those issues will translate to employment and other pending standards
- Review your responsibilities under Human Rights legislation
- Learn how to develop a policy and what key elements to include
- Identify employees in need of training in accessibility under the legislation
- Determine key elements to include in employee training
- Get hands on, practical experience with case studies and group discussions
In addition, each participant will receive:
- A “to-do” checklist for meeting compliance obligations
- Accessible Customer Service Policy and Plan template
- Employee Training Guide template
- Kristin Gibson, Partner, MLT Aikins
- Christina Semaniuk, Senior Human Resources Consultant, People First HR Services
- Seminar: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Registration closes: Monday, October 22, 2018
- Cost: $199 + GST ($10) = $209.99 per person
- Cancel before October 23 for a full refund. Contact Nikeisha Paul-Hunnighan at email@example.com to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Free visitor parking is located at the front of the building.
- Pre-approved for 2 CPD hours with CPHR Manitoba.