Workplace rules and best practices evolve continuously. As an employer you need to be aware of new developments in labour and employment law, regardless of what industry/sector you are in or how many employees you have. Effective human resource strategies depend on it.
This seminar will inform you of recent developments in the law and help you learn how to deal successfully with the issues they raise. The MLT Aikins Employment Law Update is designed for both non-unionized and unionized employers. We’ll bring you up-to-date on changes to the rules and help you develop proactive human resource policies and strategies.
ON THE AGENDA:
What’s New in Accommodating Mental Health?
- New updates to DSM-5: what’s changed and what it means for employers
- Mental health accommodations related to COVID-19 and return to the office
- Increasing damages awards in human rights complaints
Combating Systemic Discrimination with your DEI Strategy
- What is systemic discrimination and how can employers address it?
- Benefits and risks of DEI data collection
- Responding to a systemic discrimination complaint
Privacy Considerations in a Hybrid Work World
- Using software to track employee productivity
- Employee surveillance during remote work
- Responding to requests for employee personal information
Case Law and Legislation Update
- Hear about the latest cases from Alberta and the Supreme Court of Canada
- Get updates on COVID-19 case law
- Learn more about new legislation for Alberta and federal employers
- Senior employment and labour lawyers will answer your questions on any employment-related topic.
- Registration & Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. | Seminar: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. MST
- Registration includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
- Registration closes Wednesday, October 19.
- For a full refund, cancel before Thursday, October 13.
- Registrations submitted after Thursday, October 13 will not qualify for a refund and are subject to capacity.
- Substitutions may be made at any time. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to process.
- Program and speakers are subject to change.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Pre-approved for 6 CPD hours with CPHR Alberta
Download Brochure | This event is also being offered in Calgary on November 10.
Subscribe today and receive seminar updates, Western Employers’ Counsel insights and news delivered to your inbox.