Join us for a special two-hour live webinar tailored for accounting professionals on “Tax Planning Opportunities in the Current Economic Landscape”.
As economies put recovery plans in motion following the impacts of COVID-19, there are a number of tax planning opportunities to consider given the current economic environment. These proactive approaches can help businesses and organizations free up cash flows for current needs and can reduce future tax payables as they work towards economic recovery. Our lawyers will cover a broad range of topics as they relate to tax planning including freeze and re-freeze opportunities, loss planning and reducing the small business deduction grind. Our lawyers will also discuss CRA assessment hot spots that are anticipated post-COVID-19.
ON THE AGENDA
- Advantages and disadvantages of corporate freezing and re-freezing
- Considerations surrounding loss planning and the opportunities that follow
- Impaired debt planning instruments including debt forgiveness rules, allowable business investment losses and reducing the small business reduction grind
- Anticipated tax changes in a post-COVID-19 environment
- CRA assessment hot spots post-COVID-19
- Creditor and debtor issues on transferring assets amongst parties
- Alain Gaucher, Q.C.
- Jeff Less, Q.C.
- Todd Rosenberg, FCA
- Kurt Wintermute
- Erin Bokshowan
- Erin Moch
- Adam Unick
- Webinar: September 9, 2020
- Time: 10 to 12:00 p.m. MT
- Cost: Free
- Registration closes: September 9, 2020
Subscribe today and receive seminar updates, insights and news delivered to your inbox.