Does your company recruit employees from abroad? Has your company contracted with foreign consultants or suppliers who need to come to Canada? Does your company need to transfer employees from your foreign operations to Canada? Entering Canada for work means navigating the complex world of Canadian immigration statuses and visas. This session will help you understand your company’s obligations and opportunities that come with hiring temporary foreign workers.
If you need to get non-Canadian personnel into Canada to attend meetings or work as executives, managers, professionals or skilled workers, this session will help you understand the almost constant changes in Canadian immigration law from the perspective of a Canadian immigration lawyer with more than 24 years of experience.
- When is a meeting a meeting? Tips and considerations for business travel to Canada
- Hiring foreign workers? Identifying the quickest and most cost-effective immigration solutions for your company
- Employer compliance. Navigating your company’s obligations under federal and provincial immigration laws
- Registration and breakfast: 8 a.m. | Seminar: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Registration closes: June 11, 2019
- Cost: $250 per person | CPHR MB Members $200
- Approved for 4 CPHR Continuing Professional Development hours by CPHR Manitoba
- Cancel before June 11, 2019, for a full refund. Contact Brittany Kehler at email@example.com to inquire about a refund.
- Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.