Join us online for our in-house counsel webinar series covering the latest developments in the law. Each webinar session will provide a broad industry update to in-house counsel on topics ranging from crisis response planning and risk mitigation following a workplace accident, to recent developments in contract law, class actions and procurement.
On the Agenda:
October 14 – John Dipple and Jason Mohrbutter
- Procurement’s Next Frontier – Procurement is moving beyond just trade agreement compliance and becoming part of local economic and social development strategy. Learn what public and private sector in-house counsel need to know about this powerful new procurement role.
- Supremely Uber, An Analysis of Uber Technologies Inc. v Heller 2020 SCC – The Supreme Court of Canada recently retooled the law of unconscionability in deciding a case that also covers the ability to contract out of class action legislation by using arbitration clauses. Jason Mohrbutter will break down the Uber v Heller decision.
November 17 – John Agioritis
- Managing Catastrophe in the Workplace: A Crisis Management Guide on Workplace Accidents – Do you know what to do in the event of an accident at your workplace? What is the role of the legal department in these circumstances? How long has it been since you’ve tested your crisis response plan for such an event? This session will provide guidance on the crisis management issues and emergency response requirements when a worker is seriously or fatally injured in the workplace. Issues like reporting requirements under occupational health and safety legislation, privilege, media and internal communications, communications with regulators, and overall risk management will be addressed. Legal obligations for owners and prime contractors will also be explored.
December 8 – Jodi Wildeman and Chad Eggerman
- Contract Management Essentials Part 1: Risk Management Plans and Strategies during the Contract Execution Phase of Projects – Discover how innovative contract management strategies can help align internal stakeholders on risk management strategy and enhance your project’s overall performance. This session will examine high-level strategies for developing a sound risk management plan and discuss the role of technology in managing contract risk. We’ll also discuss how to set up effective communication and document retention strategies for contract management teams.
- Webinar: October 14, 2020 | November 17, 2020 | December 8, 2020
- Time: Each session will run from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. CST
- Cost: Free
This webinar series has been pre-approved for 3 CPD hours (1 hour per session) by the Law Society of Saskatchewan.
Rachelle Klassen, MLT Aikins LLP
Suite 1500, 1874 Scarth St
Regina, SK S4P 4E9
P: (306) 347-8662