MLT Aikins, ESTI Consulting Services, Seekintoo, Cherry Insurance and Trisura invite you to join us for an insightful morning to learn essential information concerning cybersecurity risks, and what your organization can do to mitigate those risks.
This half-day seminar is curated for Directors and Officers to discuss your organization’s legal requirements, possible litigation risks, consequences for non-compliance, and legal tools to minimize your risks. We will also cover current possible threats to your cybersecurity and, since cybersecurity requires a multi-faceted approach, you will learn about strategies your organization can put in place to help mitigate the risks including various insurance options to supplement company programs and policies.
ON THE AGENDA
- Legal Responsibility and Risk for Directors and Executives – Presented by Randy Brunet, MLT Aikins and Kristél Kriel, MLT Aikins
- The duty to prepare and plan – Incident Response Plans
- What to do when a breach occurs – Mandatory Breach Notification
- Executive and Director liability and duties
- Class Action and litigation risk
- The Threat of Cyberattacks – Presented by Jay Heidicker, Seekintoo and Simon Gadd, ESTI Consulting Services
- Brief history of hackers and cybercrime
- Current threats
- How to defend against cybercrime
- Cybersecurity Insurance Options – Presented by Ryan Gaucher, Cherry Insurance and Ante Susnjar, Trisura
- Role of commercial insurance broker in identifying and providing cyber risk solutions
- Insurance options for cyber coverage
- Costs and exposures associated with cyber claims
- Future trends in cyber insurance and exposures
- Registration & Breakfast: 8:30 to 9 a.m. | Presentations: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Location: Saskatoon Club – 417 21st Street E, Saskatoon
- Cost: This seminar is offered free of charge.
- Registration Deadline: January 20, 2020
This seminar has been pre-approved for 3 CPD hours by the Law Society of Saskatchewan.
Rachelle Klassen, MLT Aikins LLP
Suite 1500, 1874 Scarth St
Regina, SK S4P 4E9
P: (306) 347-8662