Need to get your personnel into the U.S. to work as executives, managers, specialized and essential employees, professionals and/or technicians? Entering the U.S. for work requires a company to navigate the complex world of U.S. non-immigrant statuses and visas.
Whether your employees need to enter the U.S. to work as a key employee in your U.S. organization or to attend work meetings, this session will help you understand the almost constant changes in U.S. immigration law from the perspective of a Canadian immigration lawyer.
- When is a meeting a meeting? Tips and considerations for business travel to the U.S.
- Working in the U.S.? U.S. non-immigrant statuses Canadians need to work temporarily in the U.S.
- Telling the truth: How a “white lie” at the border can get you barred from the U.S. indefinitely
- Criminal inadmissibility, cannabis and waivers – getting into the U.S. with a criminal record
- Registration and breakfast: 8 a.m. | Seminar: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Registration closes: February 18, 2019
- Cost: $250 per person | CPHR MB Members $200
- Pre-approved for 4 CPD hours with CPHR Manitoba
- Space is very limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.