Workplace rules and best practices evolve continuously. As an employer you need to be aware of the new developments in employment and labour law, regardless of your industry/sector or how many employees you have. Effective human resource strategies depend on it.
This seminar will inform you of recent developments in the law and help you learn how to deal successfully with the issues they raise. The MLT Aikins Employment Law Update is designed for both non-unionized and unionized employers. We’ll get you up-to-date on changes to the rules and help you develop proactive human resource policies and strategies.
ON THE AGENDA:
Changes to OH&S Laws
- Learn about recent changes to Alberta and Federal OH&S laws
- Know the new obligations for employers, supervisors, workers and contractors
- Find out about new investigative and remedial powers of government regulators
Alberta Labour Relations Code – Fallout From Recent Amendments
- Review the new certification rules and procedures
- Get the details on recent auto-certification case law
- Strategize on how non-union employers can stay that way
Alberta Case Law Update
- Learn about the latest cases from Alberta courts, arbitrators and human rights tribunals
- Get updated on recent random drug testing and duty to accommodate case law
- Find out what is happening with social media misuse and non-competes
Legal Pot – Are you Ready for October 17, 2018?
- Get tips to tweak your policies and train your people
- Ensure you know the latest cases on cannabis in the workplace
- See what’s coming – what can you expect after October 17, 2018?
Best Practices for #MeToo Investigations
- Prepare for #MeToo complaints and investigations
- Learn what can make #MeToo complaints unique
- Know best practices for how to respond
Senior employment and labour lawyers answer your questions on any employment-related topic
- Registration & Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. | Seminar: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Registration includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
- Registration closes: Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
- For a full refund, cancel before Wednesday, October 10, 2018.
- Registrations submitted after Wednesday, October 10, 2018 will not qualify for a refund and are subject to capacity.
- Substitutions may be made at anytime. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to process.
- Program and speakers are subject to change.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
Amy Foley, MLT Aikins LLP
Suite 2200, 10235 – 101st Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3G1
P: (780) 969-5092
F: (780) 969-3549
Subscribe today and receive seminar updates, Western Employers’ Counsel insights and news delivered to your inbox.