Human resource professionals and managers frequently make decisions that have important tax consequences for their employers and employees. Mistakes can have costly implications and are often easily avoided.
This webinar is designed to provide an overview of various employment-related tax considerations specifically for human resource professionals and managers. Attendees will develop a greater understanding of the difference between an employee and an independent contractor (and the significant risks to employers of getting that designation wrong), what items should be included and excluded from taxable employment income, the taxation of incorporated employees, the tax principles underlying the payment of damages, and the taxation of damages awarded or paid to employees in wrongful dismissal and other claims.
This webinar will be relevant to employers in all four western provinces.
ON THE AGENDA
- Employees vs. Independent Contractors
- Income Inclusions/Exclusions
- Incorporated Employees
- Taxation of Wrongful Dismissal Damages
- Webinar: March 21, 2019
- British Columbia: 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Alberta: 12 to 1:15 p.m.
- Saskatchewan: 12 to 1:15 p.m.
- Manitoba: 1 to 2:15 p.m.
- Cost: $195 + GST ($9.75) = $204.75 per link. You can have as many people in your room as you wish.
- Registration closes: March 19, 2019
- Cancel before March 19 for a full refund. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a refund.
- The webinar link will be emailed to you when your registration payment is received.
- This program has been approved for 1 CPHR Continuing Professional Development hour through CPHR Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Yukon.
Subscribe today and receive seminar updates, Western Employers’ Counsel insights and news delivered to your inbox.
Amy Foley, MLT Aikins LLP
Suite 2200, 10235 – 101st Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3G1
P: (780) 969-5092
F: (780) 969-3549