Join MLT Aikins LLP lawyers for a one-hour live webinar on “From Response to Recovery: The Future of Indigenous Economic Development.”
Indigenous groups are no strangers to adversity. The resilience gained over the years has situated many communities in a strong position during these challenging times. This webinar will discuss the opportunities that this current competitive advantage brings to help communities advance projects, transactions and businesses.
ON THE AGENDA
- Renewable energy projects:
- wind: landowner vs. equity owner
- solar: independent power producer vs. partnering with a developer
- biomass: project owner vs. project supplier
- other: flare gas, battery storage, geothermal
- Opportunities in agri-food:
- food and agriculture key to diversifying Western Canadian economy
- increased global demand for protein and supercluster program
- effect of COVID-19 on food production
- Opportunities in the IT/Tech sectors:
- trends in the IT industry including the move to cloud computing, the importance of apps and the importance of communication and social media
- opportunities for Indigenous based businesses to expand their footprint in IT, app development and social media/communication
- looking at Government contracts and work as a way to build capacity
- Webinar: June 18, 2020
- Time: 2 to 3 p.m. MT
- Cost: Free
- Registration closes: June 18, 2020
This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CPD hour for members of the Law Society of Saskatchewan, and members of Law Society of British Columbia.
Subscribe today and receive seminar updates, insights and news delivered to your inbox.