The rules for recruiting and using foreign workers in Saskatchewan have changed dramatically. This half-day workshop for employers and HR professionals explores a range of corporate immigration issues – from business visitors to the International Mobility Program to Labour Market Impact Assessments to employer compliance.
ON THE AGENDA
Strategies for Getting People into Canada
Identify quick and cost effective immigration solutions for your organization.
- Commonly used business visitor categories
- Key questions to ask when determining the best way to bring employees into Canada
- The Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and work permit processes
- How to secure a work permit without going through an LMIA
Temporary Foreign Workers and Employer Compliance
Ensure your business is compliant with federal and provincial immigration rules.
- Federal compliance rules for employers of foreign workers
- Provincial compliance rules as they pertain to employers of foreign workers in Saskatchewan
- Tips for proactively meeting compliance rules
Interactive Scenario Workshop
Review and address scenarios that commonly arise for employers in relation to foreign worker use.
- Common immigration scenarios employers and human resources professionals may face
- Practical tools for approaching immigration issues
- Interactive questions and answers
- Registration and Breakfast: 7:45 a.m. | Seminar: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Qualifies for 3.5 CPHR CPD hours
- Cost: $195 + GST ($9.75) = $204.75 per person
- Registration closes: May 29, 2018
- Cancel before June 5 for a full refund. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Download Brochure
Get immigration insights and news delivered right to your inbox – subscribe today.
Pre-approved for 3.5 CPD Hours
Charnele Jellison, MLT Aikins LLP
1500 Saskatoon Square
410 – 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7K 5T6
P: (306) 956-6963
F: (306) 975-7145