Technology is a double-edged sword. It’s your competitive advantage – and a source of risk. Innovation can hold the key to your success, but it can also expose you to privacy breaches, reputational damage, enforcement action and litigation. Ensuring you’re capitalizing on your technology while protecting your customers’ data has never been more important.
This full-day event features breakout sessions for two different audiences: C-suite executives and senior leadership looking to grow their businesses and manage risk, and legal counsel, IT personnel and contract managers tasked with safeguarding business and customer data.
On the agenda
Data protection in 2023
- Pending changes to Canadian privacy legislation
- What laws do you have to comply with?
- What should be included in a data processing agreement?
- How should contracts deal with cybersecurity risk?
IP strategy: Why every business needs one
- Why every organization should have an IP strategy
- What does an IP strategy look like in practice?
- How IP Assist programs can help fund the development of your IP strategy
Stream 1 breakout sessions
Stream 2 breakout sessions
|Your confidential information and intellectual property are among your most critical – and valuable – business assets. This breakout session for business leaders will give you an overview of how to make the most of your intellectual property.
|Updating your IT infrastructure? Common contracting problems and other stumbling blocks can lead to project delays, cost overruns and other setbacks. We’ll offer tips on how to ensure a successful digital transformation.
|Best practices for retaining IP, IT and privacy records
|Procuring IT solutions
|Putting strategy into action: What you need to know about IP protection
|When technology projects go wrong: Real-world examples and how to get your project back on track
Leveraging immigration for top talent and business continuity
- Doing business in the U.S.? How to get your workers across the border
- Short-staffed? How to use Canadian immigration programs to add to your staff complement (and why the Global Talent Stream is the last immigration program you should use)
- How companies with operations in Canada and abroad can leverage Canadian and international immigration laws to create a global workforce
Panel discussion: Ask an expert
- Managing business risks related to IP, data and technology
- Danielle Graff
- Randy Brunet
- Kristél Kriel
- Scott Davidson
- Lorraine Pinsent
- Reis Pagtakhan
- Nicolas Joubert
- Jihan Hosein
- Erin Wolff
- Registration & Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. | Seminar: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Cost:$275 per person | $206.25 for group discount of four (25% off)
- Registration closes: May 25, 2023
- In-person registration includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
- Cancel before May 25, 2023 for a full refund. Contact Brittany Kehler (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Late registrations will be accepted as space permits.