Join us for a special one-hour live webinar on “Mitigating Impacts of COVID-19 on Indigenous Governments and Businesses.”
The spread of COVID-19 has caused major disruptions across Canada on our organizations and economies. For Indigenous, Métis and Inuit organizations, the impacts are far-reaching, and many of those impacts are different than those experienced in settler communities.
This webinar will outline the kinds of legal issues Indigenous governments, organizations, businesses and individuals can expect to face in the wake of COVID-19 including: available support and resources for communities and Indigenous businesses, employer obligations, emergency powers and commercial issues.
ON THE AGENDA
- Indigenous governance and jurisdiction during a pandemic
- Indigenous Community Support Fund
- COVID-19 and the Canada Labour Code: important considerations for employers
- Support for Indigenous businesses
- Key contract provisions for Indigenous businesses in a crisis situation
- Josh Morrison
- Drew Lafond
- Colleen Verville, Q.C.
- Amyn Lalji
- Chad Eggerman
- Moderated by Michael Clark
- Webinar: April 2, 2020
- Time: 2 to 3 p.m. MT
- Cost: Free
- Registration closes: April 2, 2020
- Subscribe today and receive seminar updates, Western Employers’ Counsel Insights and news delivered to your inbox.
This program has been pre-approved for 1 CPHR Continuing Professional Development hours through CPHR Alberta