Workplace safety and health law and best practices are constantly evolving. With inspection and enforcement activities on the rise, it is critical for businesses to be prepared and take a proactive approach to workplace safety issues. Do you know what to do if one of your employees is injured on the job? Is your company prepared for an investigation? Are you aware of your rights and obligations when an incident occurs? We’ll address these questions and more in this insightful half-day seminar.
- An employee has been injured – What do I do?
- Determining the nature and severity of the injury – Is it reportable?
- Federal vs. provincial jurisdiction – How is your company regulated?
- “Due Diligence” and the importance of being proactive
- Investigators are my friends, right?
- Preparing for investigations into workplace injuries
- Investigations under workplace safety legislation vs. internal investigations that are privileged
- Overview of recent cases and “war stories”
- Registration and breakfast: 8:30 a.m. | Seminar: 9 to 11:30 a.m.
- Registration closes: May 24, 2019
- Cost: $250 per person | CPHR MB Members $200
- Approved for 3 CPHR Continuing Professional Development hours by CPHR Manitoba
- Cancel before May 24, 2019, for a full refund. Contact Brittany Kehler at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a refund.
- Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.