Join us for this privacy seminar where we will share insights on privacy compliance strategies and hot topics for individuals in both public and private sector industries. This opportunity is for all individuals whose roles involve privacy – whether they are starting out or are seasoned professionals – to ensure they have the tools and knowledge they need to comply with legal requirements and to minimize privacy related risks.
The seminar has two sessions and you can choose to join either or both:
- The morning session will provide an overview of the privacy legal framework, outline the key privacy principles and strategies for privacy compliance, identify key privacy risks, and provide you with tips and tools necessary to help ensure your organization is compliant and equipped to effectively minimize privacy risks. This session is curated to give an introduction to those new to privacy, serve as a refresher for experienced individuals and educate those looking to gain knowledge in the area of privacy.
- The afternoon session will provide both new and experienced individuals with an update on privacy hot topics and discuss the latest developments in the area including changes to privacy laws, new and interesting cases and decisions, cross-border transfers of personal information, privacy breaches, workplace issues and more. This session will review what has happened in the previous year and what your organization can do to be proactive.
Although each session is intended for certain audiences, varying degrees of experience are welcome at either or both sessions.
Registration: 10:45 a.m. | Morning Session: 11 a.m.-12 p.m. | Lunch & Networking: 12 -1 p.m. | Afternoon Session: 1-2 p.m.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Registration closes: October 2, 2019
- Cost: $200 per person (full seminar) | $135 per person (1 session, includes lunch)
- Cancel before October 4, 2019, for a full refund. Contact Rachelle Klassen at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a refund
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants
- Late registrations will be accepted as space permits
- Approved for two Continuing Professional Development hours by CPHR Saskatchewan and the Law Society of Saskatchewan
Download brochure. | This event is also being held in Saskatoon on Thursday, October 17.
Rachelle Klassen, MLT Aikins LLP
1500 Hill Centre I
1874 Scarth Street
P: (306) 347-8662
F: (306) 352-5250