The Labour Update 2020 will now be held in a series of six separate webinars.
Workplace rules and practices evolve continuously. As an employer you need to be aware of new developments in labour and employment law, regardless of how many employees you have. Effective human resource strategies depend on it.
This webinar series will inform you of recent developments in the law and help you learn how to deal successfully with the issues they raise. The MLT Aikins Labour Update is designed for both unionized and non-unionized employers. We’ll get you up-to-date on changes to the rules and help you develop proactive human resources policies.
All webinars will start at 12:00 pm (SK time) and will run for 40-45 minutes with up to 15 minutes for Q&A.
COVID-19 Considerations: Tips and Tricks for Drafting Agreements and Policies to Address the Future – October 6, 2020
- Learn important employment agreement provisions that provide flexibility and protections to employers during a pandemic and other unforeseen extreme events
- Review strategies for collective bargaining including CBA provisions and LOUs to address the new and potential issues facing your organization
- Explore effective employee policies designed to address the challenges of our “new normal”
Arbitration Update – October 8, 2020
- Review the latest cases on discipline and discharge
- Learn from current trends in arbitration cases – when is discipline appropriate?
- Examine other recent developments for Saskatchewan employer
Accommodation and Human Rights Update – October 13, 2020
- Understand the latest developments on accommodating physical and mental disabilities
- Review the latest cases on workplace sexual harassment
- Accommodating drug/alcohol disabilities, family status and other protected grounds
Privacy Primer – October 15, 2020
- Understand the legal requirements and tools available to employers to comply with privacy laws
- Hear about current privacy issues that impact employers and their workplaces
- Understand the steps that employers can take to mitigate privacy related risks
- Understand the requirements of privacy laws for COVID-19 measures
Immigration Employer Compliance Primer – October 22, 2020
- Overview of foreign worker compliance obligations facing employers
- Impacts of Saskatchewan legislation on foreign worker recruitment
- Tips for best practices to avoid non-compliance findings
Labour Relations Board Update – October 23, 2020
- Review developments on what constitutes an appropriate bargaining unit
- Hear about the latest cases on unfair labour practices and employer communications
- Get up-to-date on other recent developments from the Labour Relations Board
Speakers and Moderators:
- John Agioritis
- Scott Bell
- Shane Buchanan
- Ashton Butler
- Robert Frost-Hinz
- Amy Gibson
- Danielle Graff
- Kristel Kriel
- Matthew Klinger
- Eileen Libby, Q.C.
- Jana Linner
- Brent Matkowski
- Calen Nixon
- Tom Richards
- Leah Schatz, Q.C.
- Jean Torrens
- Kevin Wilson, Q.C.
- Prior to the webinars, we will ship to you the spiral bound seminar handout as well as our usual cool seminar swag bag!
- Cost (for all webinars):
$427.50 + GST ($21.38) = $448.88 per person
- Registration closes: September 21
- Cancel before September 21 for a full refund. Contact Sandra Janzen at email@example.com to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
This seminar has been pre-approved for 6.0 CPHR Saskatchewan CPD hours and 6.0 CPD hours for members of the Law Society of Saskatchewan.
Sandra Janzen, MLT Aikins LLP
1500 Saskatoon Square
410 – 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7K 5T6
P: (306) 956-6957
F: (306) 975-7145