Weed in the workplace – are you ready?
The use of medical marijuana is on the rise and the Federal Government has stated it will legalize recreational marijuana on July 1, 2018. This workshop will provide you with the information you need to ensure a productive and safe workplace that is human rights and privacy compliant. The workshop also includes a practical component where participants tackle hypothetical scenarios that could easily arise and are given practical advice on how to address them.
ON THE AGENDA:
- Cannabis 101 – learn what you need to know about cannabis in its various forms
- Navigate medical marijuana issues and the duty to accommodate
- Identify safety sensitive positions
- Train your supervisors and managers to properly deal with marijuana in the workplace
- Educate your employees on expectations to be fit for work
- Update your “fit for work” policies
- Review your drug and alcohol testing protocols
- Lynsey Gaudin
- Michael Tochor, Q.C.
- Registration: 8 a.m. | Seminar: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. | Networking Lunch: 12 to 1 p.m.
- Registration closes: March 9, 2018
- Cost: $595 + GST ($29.75) = $624.75 per person
- Includes continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- Cancel before March 14 for a full refund. Contact Amanda Swystun at email@example.com to inquire about a refund.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Pre-approved for 5.5 CPD hours with CPHR Saskatchewan
Vanessa Komarnicki, MLT Aikins LLP
Suite 1500, 1874 Scarth Street
Regina, SK S4P 4E9
P: (306) 347-8460
F: (306) 347-5250