The Builders’ Lien (Prompt Payment) Amendment Act has recieved Royal Assent. This will create a new mandatory adjudication and prompt payment scheme that will impact new construction as well as renovation and capital repair work on existing facilities. It will fundamentally affect your contracts and disputes with contractors.
There is not yet a firm date for when the bill will come into force, but the Saskatchewan Construction Association has said it “expect[s] it will be within the next twelve months and perhaps as early as the end of this calendar year.”
Learn how these looming changes will increase costs for project owners. Gain the strategic and practical insights you’ll need to keep your projects running smoothly. Join us for an informative seminar, led by our experienced lawyers.
Who should attend? Project owners and developers and their senior management, project managers, in-house lawyers, contract managers as well as consulting architects and engineers.
- Understanding the New Legislation
- Getting Your Contracts Ready
- Preparing for Fast-track Adjudication
- Open Forum Q&A
- Registration and breakfast: 7:30 a.m. | Seminar: 8:20 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Cost: $225 + GST per person
- Registration closes: May 24, 2019
- Cancel before May 24, 2019, for a full refund. Contact Charnele Jellison at email@example.com to inquire about a refund.
- This event also takes place in Saskatoon on May 30.
- We reserve the right to decline registrants.
This seminar qualifies for 2 SCMA Saskatchewan CPD hours, 3.5 CPD hours through the Law Society of Saskatchewan and is expected to be qualified through the Saskatchewan Association of Architects.