Join us for a special two-hour live webinar tailored for financial advisers on “Tax Planning Opportunities in the Wake of COVID-19”.
COVID-19 has made a considerable negative impact on our economies; however, in adversity lies opportunity. There are a number of tax planning opportunities that financial advisers can consider with their clients to optimize their clients’ position in the wake of COVID-19. These proactive approaches can help free up cash flows for current needs and can reduce tax payables in the current uncertain economic landscape.
On The Agenda:
- Review of planning ideas that investment clients should be considering to reduce current, future and death tax liabilities
- Review of tax rules relating to types of investments or investing personally vs. through a corporation
- Review of rules relating to income and capital losses
- Superficial loss planning
- Considerations relating to registered accounts
- Strategies to protect advisers from client litigation in these unsettling times
- Webinar: Tuesday, May 5, 2020
- Time: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. MT
- Cost: Free
- Registration closes: May 5, 2020
This webinar has been pre-approved for 2 CE credits by the Insurance Council of Saskatchewan and 2 CPD hours by the Law Society of Saskatchewan.
Subscribe today and receive seminar updates, Western Employers’ Counsel Insights and news delivered to your inbox.