Employers in Alberta are looking for guidance on implementing vaccination policies and dealing with exemption requests. What will these policies mean for organizations and employees moving forward?
In this 90-minute webinar, we’ll cover how employers can ask employees to disclose their vaccination status while managing privacy law obligations. We’ll provide an overview of the different types of vaccination policies and look at the legal risks associated with them. Finally, we’ll discuss testing options and how to respond to medical and religious exemption requests.
- Overview of different types of vaccination policies
- What type of policy is best for your workplace?
- Rapid testing and PCR testing
Legal Risks Associated with Vaccination Policies
- Legislation and Public Health Order update
- Understanding recent Federal and Provincial Government announcements
- Other businesses are implementing mandatory vaccination policies — can we do it too?
- Legal risks
Collecting Employee Vaccination Information
- Managing privacy law obligations
- Consequences of failing to disclose vaccination status
Medical and Religious Exemption Requests
- Human Rights Obligations
- How to Respond to an Exemption Request
- Date: November 10, 2021 | 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. MT
- Cost: $65 + GST per person
- Cancellation: Cancel by Friday, November 5 for a full refund. Contact Dabota Fashola at email@example.com to inquire.
- Registrations submitted after November 5 will not qualify for a refund.
- Program and speakers are subject to change.
- Space is limited. Only employers or their representatives are eligible to attend. We reserve the right to decline registrants.
This webinar has been pre-approved by CPHR Alberta for 1.5 CPD hours.
2100 – 222 3rd Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0B4
P: (403) 693-2649
F: (403) 508-4349
Subscribe today and receive seminar updates, Western Employers’ Counsel insights and news delivered to your inbox.