The Manitoba government passed amendments to the Builders’ Lien Act to add prompt payment and dispute adjudication systems to the construction industry, similar to previously implemented legislation in Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta. While not yet in force, the new legislation contains a number of key changes aimed at ensuring the timely payment of contractors and subcontractors on construction projects.
Join us for an informative seminar led by our experienced construction lawyers. This breakfast seminar will provide you with key information you need to know prior to these changes coming into effect. Gain the strategic and practical insights you’ll need to keep your projects running smoothly.
Who should attend? Anyone involved in the construction industry can benefit from understanding what these new changes mean for their business. Affected groups include project owners, developers, general contractors and subcontractors and their senior management, project managers, in-house lawyers, contract managers as well as consulting architects, engineers and construction lenders.
ON THE AGENDA:
- How prompt payment changes to lien legislation will affect your business
- What you need to know to get ready for fast-paced adjudication
- How to get your contracts and processes ready for prompt payment
- Lessons learned from prompt payment implementation in Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta
- Q&A with the lawyers
- Seminar: Wednesday, September 20 | 7:30-9 a.m. CDT
- Cost: $25+GST
- We reserve the right to decline registrants.
- Registration closes September 14